Thursday, January 14, 2010

TCS ILP Training Centre at HIT

TCS has chosen Haldia Institute of Technology as one of its ILP training centre. This centre can accomodate around 700 TCS Trainee Associates.
8 faculties from CSE, MCA, and IT department of HIT has been inducted as ILP trainer till now.
We have to teach Basic Programming Concepts using Dr Scheme programming language, Structured Modelling, OOP concept using Dr Java, OOP implementation. We started taking classes from 31 December.
For these sessions, I had to give so much time for good preparation. Though overall, I am enjoying much these sessions due to the good quality associates (or students !). Only today I got some time to breath - and so I am writing this blog !
TCS Guwahati is mentoring this centre. They took our telephonic interview before inducting us as trainee. Most of the associates are from Tamil Nadu. I am taking sessions for 2 batches. Most of these associates in these 2 batches are from Biotech background. But they are picking up the subject very nicely.

12 comments:

  1. sir ur post was fantyastic...can u plz teel what is the passing marks there...we have heard that the official mark is 50 peercent in both ce1 and ce2...but tcs is giving some lineancy..can u tell me about that...i would join in march...m from 2009 pass out batch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sayan, The cut-off marks for EC1 and EC2 is 50% combining both EC1 & EC2. But in general, in any ILP centre the bottom 2% performer of the total no. of associates have to appear for re-test. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sir.....but is their any chance of getting sacked ...bcoz we are waiting for almost 1 year and if we get sacked we will be in real trouble.....thanks sir...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sayan, Be bold. You shouldn't let those kind of thoughts to come in your mind. The only thing is that you have to be sincere, study hard on your own or in group. Success is bound to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello sir,i have heard that they are considering only ec2 scores as a criteria for the re-test.Is it true ?
    And do the scores affect our base branch allocation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. gud evening sir....I had been selected in TCS on campus programme 2010...when i wil b called for ILP Initial training???..And i also heard tat this time TCS ILP Training is for 6 odd months.could u able to xplain me clearly abt the ILP training for the forthcoming 2010 batch.I am eagerly awaiting for ur reply..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. gud evening sir......I am Valith Ibrahim..I had been selected in TCS ON campus programme which had been held in our college premises...I m 2010 passed out....When i wil get a call for ILP Training???....and i also heard this time ILP Training is for 6 odd months....Could u able to let me knw the pattern for those 6 odd months???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sir, I ve been selected in tcs recruitment in dec 2010. Could u tell me wen ll t c s call... And abt t training phases...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sir, I ve been selected in tcs recruitment in dec 2010. Could u tell me wen ll t c s call... And abt t training phases...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sir, would you like to write sometimes as a guest in my blog. It is read by thousands everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello sir
    culd u please tell whether in ur batch were there any students whoo didnt have all d sem marksheets
    i am destined to join haldia on 27th dec and i havent cleard my fourth sem so i dont havee its marksheet
    so wat does tcs do to those students?????????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Akki,
    I am not the authority to comment on these. I am no more associated with TCS ILP at Haldia. But I hv seen one such case. Once TCS chooses any candidate, you do hv some opportunity... . So, my suggestion (on my personal capacity, nothing to do with TCS official procedure) YOU MUST COME in the JOINING DATE and report. Then you tell your case, they would probably refer to the HR of corresponding TCS Development Centre(either Kolkata, or Guwahati). Meanwhile you do contact with your University for Result Publication as early as possible.

    ReplyDelete