Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not a Good Day !

I needed to make a D.D for IIT KGP towards phd form fill up. Friends told me that if I make online DD, the service charge is not required upto 30th April. By nature I am somewhat not enthusiastic to accept new things at first. By knowing this, I wanted to change this mentality intentionally. Yesterday completed the online transaction for this. Today Bank told because I did the transaction in afternoon yesterday, it will not be possible to give the DD for them instantly, it will take some time. So I went to bank again at 14:30. Recess timing of the branch is 14-14:30. When at 15:00 the concerned person didnt come I came to Academic Section for taking back the GATE 2007 score card, for which I had applied in the morning. After reaching at bank I am told that someone already has taken my DD !!! But they even didnt take signature of receiver, as they do usually. I thought to cancel the DD, but again who has been given the DD his/her application at IIT KGP will be at problem ! Another bank staff suggested an alternative, so that they can issue a duplicate DD with same journal number but different DD number. At the same time the earlier DD will also remain valid. Waited till 16:30 to get the DD. The person who was responsible for this mess, said 'sorry for delay' while delivering the DD !!!! The thought that was coming to my mind was it better to get the DD by manually ?? Atleast so much time wouldnt have wasted... As a result I couldnt post the application also.. because the post office take posts upto 16:00 hrs only. Also in the morning, went to consult the institute doctor, for skin allergy. But he said its due to dryness of the skin. and prescribed a moisturiser kind of cream for skin. Went to CWS medical shop - but that medicine is not available there ! Total waste of time !! As if i would have used the time effeciently otherwise !!! But this is what Life offers you sometimes... Started to read Udi Manber's Algo book... lets go through it..

1 comment:

  1. I always wonder to see the banking service in our country especially government banks. How could a person collect that DD without the signature of the candidate.

    ReplyDelete