Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shubho Nababarsho

Yesterday was Bengali New Year or 'NabaBarsho'. Day before yesterday Rajib of CH told me that faculties and their families have taken an initiative to celebrate this new year in the evening. I informed our junior Sourav to inform his friends about this program. It was arranged in the North Guest House of our NIT Rourkela campus. Yesterday evening around 20:30 the program started. Faculties earlier told that they have not thought about any cultural program, and we are welcome to do any such. Sourav is an good artist. He informed his friends that they have to perfomr any event.

Before the program began, I had the impression that now it 1417 Bangabdo :) , but sourav told that its 1416. Sourav was not ready to be anchor. He told me to be anchor of the program. I noted down few bengali quotations from poems such as banglar mati, banglar jol ..., and abar asibo fire dhansiri-tir tire .... Two students from M. Tech 1st year Debaroti sang a Tagore song, and Shubhasree did a elocution. Sourav did elocutions, mime. Daughter of a faculty performed an Odisi dance. Their performances were really outstanding. Although, it was arranged in a homely manner, and we faced some problems like microphone disconnection etc, but still all seemed to enjoyed the program. Our Director sir also came during last minutes. One faculty, and another family member of a faculty shared their experiences, nice feelings in this campus over last 27 years. Also they told that this is the first such attempt to celebrate poila Boishakh in this manner. All agreed to to continue this and also to do programs like bijoya sammiloni or Rabindra-Najrul Jayanti. After the program there was arrangement for dinner. The food was very good.

Also I met Kundu madam of CH. I told her I had met earlier during initial months of 2007-08 session, and when i told about the reference of prof Tapas Samanta of ISI kol, then she recognized. Since I didnt meet her after that for so long days, she thought I might have discontinued the course.

Our M. Tech CS juniors like Neelkanta, Tamal, Neelam, Ashoke came. The turn out from student community was mainly from M.Tech. Due to short period of notice many B. Tech students couldnt be communicated, and some didnt come, though informed. But many senior faculties told that in next July when new session will begin, then the Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti will be organized in A. V Hall and there all the students will be invited, and also Dean Madam was telling that from next time students will be organizing all these events. But we final year students will miss that...

After the cultural program I phoned and talked to my mother. My brother sent a e-greetings. In every Naba-barsho, shubho Bijoya, new year i plan to send my wishes by mail to me dear ones.. but i rarely could do that !! At last, Shubho Nababarsho to all, and wish this 1416 be good to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment